So you're thinking about hiring a virtual assistant... Ever wondered how to hire the right person for the job? The Bosses have got you covered. In this episode, Anne and Lau lay out the importance of understanding the job scope and setting realistic expectations. From sifting through rates and fees to seeking referrals and testimonials, we discuss it all. We share insights on how to prioritize, make substitutions, and be resourceful to afford the luxury of investing in your business. Remember, when hiring, the focus should be on what's best for your business, not just personal preference. So tune in, and let's build a successful business together, with a commitment second to none. In this episode, Anne and Lau discuss how to delegate your "busy work" to virtual assistants, so you can focus on performance and growing your business.
(0:00:01) - Managing and Growing a Business We discussed outsourcing, strategizing, assessing, investing, and the importance of having a team. (0:12:42) - Outsourcing and Hiring Tips Research, scope, value, rates, referrals, and testimonials are key when hiring a virtual assistant. (0:22:46) - Building a Business With Commitment Prioritize, substitute, cut costs, be resourceful, document, and focus on business needs when hiring.
Top 10 Takeaways
Quick-share concepts from today’s episode:
1. Courage and boldness are essential to elevate a business to the next level and make decisions like expanding the team, even when funds are limited.
2. It's important to assess your business thoroughly and identify the kind of help needed to invest wisely, as no one can manage everything alone.
3. Outsourcing and hiring require setting realistic expectations, understanding the scope of the job, and finding individuals with the right skill set.
4. Working effectively with virtual assistants involves understanding their value, avoiding micromanagement, and staying a step ahead in planning.
5. Understanding the rates and fees associated with hiring a virtual assistant is crucial, as is seeking referrals and testimonials to make informed decisions.
6. Prioritizing actions, making smart substitutions, and being resourceful and resilient are key to affording investments in business growth.
7. When hiring, the focus should be on what is best for the business rather than personal preferences.
8. To effectively outsource tasks, it's important to first educate oneself about the scope of the job and the work that needs to be done.
9. Paying individuals what they are worth encourages better performance, and therefore, it's crucial to budget wisely and invest in quality services.
10. Success in business growth involves commitment, which may require sacrifices in personal expenditures to afford necessary investments in the business.
Referenced in this Episode
Direct links to things we brought up ++
Recorded on ipDTL - get it here >>
Get involved with 100voiceswhocare >>
Join Voice123 >>
Work with Anne>>
Love the episode? Let our listeners hear from you!
Join us for an upcoming LIVE episode!
More from Anne Ganguzza
She's a powerhouse voice talent, producer, and host. Book time with Anne to get your voiceover career in gear or focus on a specific genre. Catch her each week on VO BOSS or register for an event on VOPeeps.com >>
ROCK YOUR BUSINESS LIKE A BOSS!
New episodes every Tuesday...
Please rate & review us on Apple, Spotify, Google, and Amazon