Get ready to unravel the intricate world of awards in business! We promise, you'll walk away with a fresh perspective on the role and impact of awards in business - the good, the bad, and the downright stressful. We kick off our lively discussion by peeling back the glitzy curtain to expose the challenges and rewards of organizing an awards ceremony. From the high stakes of selecting winners to the joyous recognition of one's hard work, it's a rollercoaster journey. We open up about our own awards experiences and how it can often feel like a numbers game. Plus, we'll delve into the emotional side too, sharing some insights on how to handle not winning or being nominated, and why it's important to savor any recognition you do receive.
In this episode, we weigh the pros and cons, emphasize the importance of a well-vetted judging panel, and dive into the nitty-gritty of award preparation.
(0:00:01) - Awards in Business
Awards can be a great way to validate hard work, but the judging process can be unreliable; pros and cons, importance of vetted judges, and preparation discussed.
(0:09:44) - Navigating Awards and Recognition
Having a thick skin, taking time to appreciate recognition, and providing breaks during long ceremonies are key to awards success.
(0:14:54) - Challenges and Importance of Awards
Organizing an awards ceremony, exploring potential benefits of entering awards, and handling emotions associated with them are discussed.
(0:27:06) - Connectivity and Conversational Demands
We discuss balancing conversation and energy in awards ceremonies, adjusting to audience expectations, and avoiding pitfalls.
Top 10 Takeaways
Quick-share concepts from today’s episode:
1. Awards in business can validate hard work and provide recognition.
2. The judging process of awards can be subjective and sometimes unreliable.
3. Organizing an awards ceremony involves high stakes and is a rollercoaster journey.
4. It's important not to take it personally if you do not win or are not nominated for an award.
5. It's crucial to appreciate and celebrate any recognition you receive.
6. Providing entertainment throughout an awards ceremony can enhance the experience.
7. Organizing an awards ceremony with many categories and nominees can be challenging.
8. It's important to handle the emotions associated with entering awards appropriately.
9. The art of conversation in awards ceremonies is important and involves finding a balance between energy and conversational elements.
10. Providing too much or too little conversation during an awards ceremony can lead to potential pitfalls.
Referenced in this Episode
Direct links to things we brought up ++
See the list of SOVAS nominations for 2023 - Anne is excited to have received 10 nominations, including two for the VO BOSS Podcast! Find out more about the One Voice Awards
Recorded on ipDTL - get it here >>
Get involved with 100voiceswhocare >>
Join Voice123 >>
Work with Anne>>
Love the episode? Let our listeners hear from you!
More from Anne Ganguzza
She's a powerhouse voice talent, producer, and host. Book time with Anne to get your voiceover career in gear or focus on a specific genre. Catch her each week on VO BOSS or register for an event on VOPeeps.com >>
ROCK YOUR BUSINESS LIKE A BOSS!
New episodes every Tuesday...
Please rate & review us on Apple, Spotify, Google, and Amazon